A rich and dreamy twist on the classic taste of red velvet cake baked in a bite size cookie.
• 2¼ cups flour
• 2 cups sugar
• 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
• 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
• 1 egg
• 1 Tablespoon red liquid food coloring
• ½ cup powdered sugar Directions
• In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt and set aside.
• In a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Beat in the egg and the food coloring.
• Add the dry ingredients to the cream cheese/butter mixture and mix until dough forms.
• Cover bowl with saran wrap and let chill for about 2 hours.
• When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
• Place powdered sugar in a small bowl.
• Roll dough into 1-inch balls and then roll each ball in powdered sugar. Place on a greased cookie sheet or one lined with parchment paper.
• Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes and let cookies cool completely on cooling rack.